8 November 2011

The "B" family

You may remember me mentioning that I was looking forward to taking some photographs of an older couple. I mentioned my excitement because of the generational differences and cultural differences - I was curious to see how it would go - how natural the posing would be, how I could bring out some natural looking smiles, and creative poses with much less flexibility and energy to get to my favorite photography spots.
This is a couple that I know pretty well and am very comfortable with, so it was actually pretty easy to get on with them. I don't know what I was doing with my focus, though, I think I had it set wrong the whole time or something as more than half of my shots were out of focus. I was thinking about so many other things - especially the lighting which was a challenge because of our location - that I just didn't worry too much about doublechecking focus which usually isn't my primary problem (although there is still a LOT of room for improvement).

Well, with all of that said, I was blessed that they took me to a park that has special memories for them - as it was their sons' favorite park. He passed away a few years ago. It is also a place that their daughter has done a lot of painting, so they have paintings of the park in their home. What a special place to have photos taken!
I love this family and we had a fun afternoon together - I hope that they like what they see and that these pictures will be a blessing to them as they look at them in the years to come.

Post a Comment