25 August 2011

Looking forward

This weekend I'm going to take a few shots of a lovely older couple. I am looking forward to blessing them with some photographs that they can have & share and hope I can capture a bit of their kindness and love in an image.
It's an interesting thing, though, thinking about and trying to prepare for it. I think the Americans are more self-promoting than the Scottish. For instance, I have not yet met a Scottish woman with a blog. They just don't do it. I am sure there are exceptions, but as a culture, people are just less pretentious.
This couple, too, is older and I think there is a similar generational difference. Not having access to so much technology means that it is more special for them. This is a more important process for them than, say, the friend that came out for photos last month "just for fun."
And as a result of that infrequency and natural and learned hesitancy to be the focal point of the attention, I am sure there will be more guidance needed from me in posing and positioning.
I'm looking forward to the opportunity! I'll let you know how it turns out...
As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Here they are "before". This is a candid shot I took last spring:
Post a Comment